Tuesday, April 8, 2008

OMG, Webb DNF! WTF?

OMG you guys. Can you believe this? Alan Webb dropped out of the Carlsbad 5k this past weekend after running like super crappy two weekends ago at the NYRR 8k. WTF? Are you guys like totally freaking out or what?

This is totally not a good way to start an Olympic season you guys. Totally. I am like super worried.

Webb is totally training all wrong. How fast is he doing his tempo runs? Too slow I'm sure. He needs to do more hills. More mileage. Work harder. He needs to be stronger. Tougher. He's totally worthless. I hear there's a 15 year old in Iowa that just ran 4:20 by himself on a windy day. Now THAT is a guy we can root for.

4 comments:

BNizzle said...

Lol Idk but btw Webb is totally jking wit us. Webb is going 4 it but my money is on Leo. He may burn out early but I am guessing not by the time the trials roll around so he can give us the high expectations then the dreaded pit of dispair. Luv this site it makes me ROTFLMAO all the time.

Jeremy said...

That's an interesting -- and highly likely -- possibility, now that you mention it. One of the Carlsbad recaps talks about Webb jogging through side streets to get back to the athlete area, after dropping out.

But I can envision much more clearly Webb doggedly hobbling off the course, taking a quick glance around, and upon seeing that no one is around, straightening up and trotting toward the athlete area as he hums Van Halen and air-guitars all the way back. We all know Webb is a showman, and I think in Eugene and Beijing, the joke will be on us.

hutch said...

I totally heard about that kid in Iowa that ran the 4:20 mile. I heard he smokes and everything. Think of what Webb could do with natural talent like that...

Anonymous said...

just think of what webb could do? try thinking about what a guy like BRIAN SELL could do with that kind of raw talent. Probably cure juvenile diabetes...