Sunday, February 24, 2008

Best Movies of 2007: Call It, Friend-O

Because the month of January sucked at running, I boycotted the sport, and placed my allegiances squarely with Hollywood, for whom January is a font of delicious goodness, like one of those chocolate fountains you'll see at wedding receptions and the occasional Sweet Sixteen. Below I document the conclusion of my journey through the Best Movies of 2007 with the Oscars just scant hours away...

BACKTRACKING: A directing team with plenty of misses, but sheer brilliance in their hits. A chilling trailer. No Country For Old Men.

NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, dir. The Coen Brothers.

Without flaw. A perfect film. One of the all-time greatest in American cinema.


Before we get to tonight's ceremony, I'll check in with my Top 10 list and my picks for the Oscars.

No comments: